12 August 2014

Weekend With Mom, Check-In, and More!

My last post was only a few days ago and I feel like I've done so much since then, so this may be a long post!

Last time I posted it was about my mom and I's first day in Florida - Friday. On Saturday we spent all day at Downtown Disney and met up with two of my roommates for dinner that night! After dinner, my mom, one of my roommates and her nana, and I tried to catch a bus to the Polynesian to watch Wishes on the beach, but just as we got to the Poly, the fireworks ended. Oh well!

On Sunday my mom and I spent the day going all over the place. We went to the Boardwalk, so that was exciting!

Monday morning was check-in! My arrival time was scheduled to start at nine, but my mom decided we should leave early because we both thought there would be a lot of traffic considering the first check-in time starts at 7. We left at around 8 and got there at 8:20 with no problem, oops. I felt bad going earlier than I was supposed to, but I wasn't going to have my mom make another trip. Check-in was about an hour long, I was done around 9:30 and had Casting at 10, so I waited for a bus. Casting was about an hour/hour and a half long. After Casting I was done for the day so we got to drive to my apartment. My group got our top choice of a Chatham 3 bedroom! It's really nice, however, it was pretty gross when we moved in. The carpets were barely cleaned and my roommate and I's shower and bathroom was pretty dirty.

After checking in, a group of four of us went to take my mom to the airport. It was sad to see her go, but I know I'll be okay. After that, we went to Walmart. It was quite the adventure getting there! We spent almost three hours in Walmart with all of our groceries and a few hiccups, but we got a lot of stuff that was necessary!

Today at 13:00 my roommate and I had our housing meeting. I've heard that it was awful and boring, but ours wasn't too bad! The beginning was easy to listen to, but towards the end I think we all got a little bored sitting there. It was about an hour long.

So now I'm still getting settled. My roommate and I are going to head to Walmart for round two because we need some little stuff. After that, my apartment is going to have a little family dinner and we're all going to help cook and sit down and eat together; I'm so excited! And after eating it sounds like we're going to head to City Walk!

I absolutely love the girls I live with and I love our apartment! I can't wait until we decorate some!

No comments:

Post a Comment