15 May 2014

The Feeling of Acceptance

The feeling from being accepted to the Disney College Program still hasn't worn off. It's truly an amazing feeling. I may forever be in awe of being able to participate in this program. There aren't any specific statistics available to us, but in the past coordinators of the DCP have told new arrivals that 20,000+ people apply to the program and only around 4,000 are accepted. That's about a 20% acceptance rate, which is not very high. It's crazy that I am one of the lucky 20%. The day I saw "Congratulations!" on my Disney dashboard was crazy, I will never forget it. I immediately broke down in tears and called my mom to tell her. I took a ton of screenshots of all the things Disney sent me, except I forgot to screenshot the letter that withheld my role and that letter is deleted after 7 days. But I did screenshot these other things:
How I found out I was accepted! "Congratulations!" indeed!

The acceptance email!

 
 


My program dates! (My departure date will be earlier than the 7th, however)

I'm really looking forward to getting my New Hire Documentation email, the DORMS email, and the "See Ya Real Soon!" email (the email you receive a few days before check-in). It's going to be months before I get those, sadly.

There's nothing to do for the DCP until I get those emails. I've already played Mission Timekeeper (a game about the history of Walt Disney and The Walt Disney Company) and read through the onboarding website numerous times. I'm reading DCP blogs and watching DCP vlogs to help pass the time. The May 12th arrivals haven't posted much, which is expected. I'm hoping the May-June arrivals will post some pictures or updates once they get settled into things!

No comments:

Post a Comment